Location: Central British
Columbia. About 9 hours by car from Vancouver via Highways 1 East and 97
Several interesting buildings. Uncrowded streets.
Of note: The
possibility of usual large town social issues. Prince George is subject
to highly unpleasant odour from the local pulp mill.
City of Prince George
George Civic Centre,
Wikipedia: City of Prince George.
Other BC Cities, Towns and
Locations We Have Visited:
Harrison Hot Springs,
(Old City Square),
Vancouver (Stanley Park),
Prince George is the largest town in Northern British
Columbia, and is home to about 85,000 people. We have visited downtown
Prince George, and here are the photographs of interesting sights we
1. We start on Canada Games Way at 7th Avenue with a sign
indicating the direction and distance to nearby attractions. It is
possible to see most of the downtown in half an hour.
Prince George Directions and Distance to Attractions from Canada Games
2. A hundred meters further is the entrance to Prince
George Civic Plaza. To our right is Two Rivers Gallery, and to our left
is a pool.
Clock Tower by Prince George Civic Plaza
3. Just past the tower clock.
Civic Plaza Prince George British Columbia Canada
4. On the left side of the photo above is
George Civic Centre. Here it is up close.
Prince George Civic Centre British Columbia Canada
5. There are numerous eateries in downtown Prince George,
The Twisted Cork
restaurant is housed in this interesting-looking building.
The Twisted Cork Restaurant Prince George BC Canada
6. Prince George War Memorial, and City Hall behind it.
Prince George War Memorial and City Hall
7. Aboriginal art by City Hall.
Aboriginal Art Prince George BC Canada
8. Picturesque Downtown Motel sign by Prince George City
Hall. The motel is located at Dominion Street and 7th Avenue.
Downtown Motel Prince George British Columbia
9. A mosaic at the nearby Prince George Community
Mosaic Art Downtown Prince George BC Canada
10. Detail of the mosaic.
Prince George BC Mosaic in Community Foundation Park
Terry Fox statue is located nearby.
Terry Fox Statue Prince George British Columbia
12. Prince George RCMP is housed in a modern building at
the corner of 4th Avenue and Victoria Street.
RCMP Building Prince George BC Canada
13. Tastefully done.
Prince George RCMP Building Sign
14. A vintage street sign on the corner of Vancouver
Street and 3rd Avenue.
Old Street Sign Prince George British Columbia
15. Colourful Native Friendship Centre is located on the
corner of 3rd Avenue and Prince Rupert Street.
Prince George Native Friendship Centre
16. Third Avenue between Winnipeg Street (behind us) and
Prince Rupert Street.
Third Avenue Prince George British Columbia Canada
17. Prince George law courts are at the corner of 3rd
Avenue and George Street.
Prince George Law Courts
18. Arguably, the best colour-matched building in
downtown Prince George is on the corner of 3rd Avenue and Queensway.
Third Avenue at Queensway Prince George BC Canada
19. Several downtown street blocks have this sort of an
art running the whole length of the block.
Prince George BC street art
20. Someone gave this tree a sweater on 6th Avenue by
George Street (right by the Farmer's Market, held every Saturday until 3
Sweater on a tree Prince George BC
21. Finally, and we forget exactly where, there is a
bench with this lady in downtown Prince George.
Bridget Moran statue Prince George British Columbia
22. Her name was Bridget Moran, and she was a prominent
Prince George social worker.
Statue of Bridget Moran in Prince George
There are sure some sights to see, if you find yourself
in downtown Prince George, BC.
Other Trips in
Prince George BC Area:
Trip 099 -
Downtown Prince George BC Visit