Trip 124 - May 22, 2017 (Monday)
Quality Falls Trail Hike
Near Tumbler Ridge BC
Liked: The waterfall, short and easy trail.
Of note: The trail is popular.
Northern BC Backroad Mapbook (3rd edition) Approximate Trailhead Coordinates: Page 44 (Tumbler Ridge) D1. The latest edition of Backroad Mapbook for this and other regions, as well as GPS maps, are available at BackroadMapbooks.com.
Other trips in Tumbler Ridge Area: Quality Canyon Trail Hike, Murray Canyon Overlook Trail Hike, Bootski Lake Trail Hike, Mount Clifford Trail Hike, Cowmoose Mountain Trail Hike, Windfall Lake Trail Hike, Stone Corral Trail Hike, Monkman Falls, Bergeron Cliffs Trail Hike, Bergeron Falls, Nesbitt's Knee Falls, Barbour Falls, Babcock Falls, Shipyard & Titanic Trail Hike, Boulder Gardens Route Hike, Town of Tumbler Ridge, Tepee Falls, Kinuseo Falls.
Quality Falls trail is short and easy, and leads to a small but fairly neat waterfall. As the parking area for the trailhead is right by Highway 52, and the trail can be tackled by just about anyone, expect not to be alone during your visit to Quality Falls.
1. We are Southbound on Highway 52 after hiking Murray Canyon Overlook trail, with likely the same wind turbines on the side of the highway as we have seen in the distance during the Murray Canyon Overlook hike.
2. Approaching Quality Falls parking area.
3. Here is the turnoff. It's 21.8 km past the turnoff to Murray Canyon Overlook trailhead from Highway 52. Coordinates: N 55’09’320 W 120’56’392.
4. The parking lot is right there.
5. Information board offers information on the trail and some birds.
6. Quality Falls trail infographic.
7. Here is the trailhead.
8. It's a nice and easy walk in the forest.
9. It takes all of 20 minutes to get to the waterfall viewing area, right after you descend down these steps.
10. And here is the viewing area, featuring a table and several fine information signs.
11. Quality Falls. Not the prettiest waterfall in the Tumbler Ridge area, but, likely, the easiest to get to.
12. Interesting facts.
13. The path then continues to the bottom of the falls.
14. It's a neat path indeed.
15. Quality Falls looks much better now.
16. View from the large stone seen on the photo above.
17. The round trip stats from the hike. Garmin GPSMAP 64s is available at Cabelas.ca.
If you are driving on Highway 52 and have an hour to spare, a visit to Quality Falls is certainly recommended.
Check Out Music by InspiredBM - click on the play button in the bottom right corner:
ihikebc.com -> 124 Quality Falls Trail Hike