Barbour Falls is located near Tumbler
Ridge, off Murray River Forest Service
Road, which, eventually, leads to much more impressive Kinuseo Falls.
However, Barbour Falls is a decent waterfall in its own right, and, along
with nearby Nesbitt's Knee Falls, could serve as a good side trip for Kinuseo
Falls-bound folks. Check out our
Trip Report for directions on how to get to Murray River FSR.
1. We are at the 21.4 km mark of the Murray River
Forest Service Road, getting ready to turn left.
54⁰56.981' W 121⁰09.386'. Going straight at this
juncture would eventually lead to Monkman Provincial Park and Kinuseo
Falls, as well as
Monkman Falls Trail.
Murray River FSR At Barbour Creek Road by Tumbler Ridge British Columbia
2. Soon after turning onto what now is Barbour Creek
Road, there is a bridge across Murray River.
Barbour Creek Road Bridge Across Murray River
3. View of Murray River from the bridge.
Murray River BC Canada
4. One kilometer after turning left from Murray River
FSR, there is a split on Barbour Creek Road. Going right leads to
Barbour Falls, and going left to
Nesbitt's Knee Falls. We took the road
on the right.
Barbour Creek Road near Tumbler Ridge BC Canada
5. Barbour Falls Trail parking area and trailhead would
be on the left
side, 2.4 km after the split (and 3.4 km after the turn from Murray River
FSR). Here we are already at the parking area.
Coordinates: N 54⁰55.937'
W 121⁰08.290'. The road we took to get
here can be seen on the left side.
Parking Area for Barbour Falls Hiking Trail British Columbia Canada
6. The trail to the waterfall is less than a kilometer long, and is as
easy as they get.
Barbour Falls Trail - Tumbler Ridge Hiking British Columbia Canada
7. Shortly before the viewpoint, there is a split. The waterfall path is
to the right. And, to the left, is a steep descent to Barbour Creek and
Hiking in Tumbler Ridge Area -
Barbour Falls Trail Split With Barbour Creek Trail
8. At first, we took the path to the right towards the waterfall.
Tumbler Ridge Hike -
Photo of Barbour Falls Trail British Columbia Canada