Distance From Vancouver: 135-140 km. The
trail begins in
Harrison Hot Springs.
Fairy-tale forest scenes, icicles on rocks, view of Harrison Lake.
Occasional ice patches, fairly cold in the winter, snow in higher
Vancouver, Coast & Mountains Backroad Mapbook
(2010 edition) Trailhead
4 (Chilliwack) F1.
103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia (2008
edition): hike #61.
Campbell Lake trail begins in the village of Harrison Hot Springs,
which is a popular tourist destination in British Columbia, located
about 140 km East of Vancouver. The trail
starts with a few very steep sections, but, after that, the only serious challenge
is ice. Waterproof footwear is essential during the wet season. Campbell Lake
Trail is a treat
for a hiker, as it goes through a very pleasant-looking forest, and
offers several excellent views.
1. Campbell Lake Trail
begins in the village of Harrison Hot Springs, and this map shows the
location of the trail in the village - look for letter A on the left
side. The map is located on the Harrison Hot Springs Visitor Information
Harrison Hot Springs Map
2. As you can see from the map above, the trail begins across from
Balsam Avenue. Here we are on Hot Springs Road (BC Highway 9), looking
North towards Harrison Lake. Balsam Avenue is to our right, and Campbell
Lake Trail entrance is to the left. There is parking for 5-6 vehicles
available, or park by the roadside.
Harrison Hot Springs BC Canada
3. After turning left, you will see a map of the trail.
Campbell Lake Trail Map
4. After that, a gate prevents further vehicular access.
5. Fortunately, hikers are allowed to proceed.
6. Right off the bat, there is a very steep climb. We actually started
early in the morning, so here is a photo we took on our way back.
BC Hiking -
Campbell Lake Trail start
7. Then, there is a large shiny water reservoir,
followed shortly by another fairly steep climb, after which there is a narrow path
with vegetation trying to get acquainted by touching you from all
Campbell Lake Trail by Harrison Hot Springs British Columbia Canada
8. If you persevere and reach this power line tower...
Power line tower on Campbell Lake Trail BC Canada -
Harrison Hot Springs Area Hiking
9. ...the reward is a fine view of Harrison Lake and the
surrounding mountains, though the power lines get into the picture too.
Harrison Lake view - Campbell Lake trail - Hiking in BC
10. Zoomed view of the mountain.
Mountain seen from Campbell Lake trail
11. After that, the path leads us into a nice forest, full of many
British Columbia Hiking -
Campbell Lake Trail BC Canada
12. Here is another one.
Campbell Lake Trail - Hiking in British Columbia Canada
13. This is a very pleasant forest indeed.
BC Hiking -
Photo of Campbell Lake Trail by Harrison Hot Springs BC Canada
14. Something you would not see here in the Summer - icicles on rocks.
Icicles on rocks - Hiking in Harrison Hot Springs
Our Campbell Lake Trail Hike Trip Report
Continues on Page 2.
Other Trips in Harrison Hot Springs Area:
Trip 008 -
Campbell Lake Trail Hike
(near Harrison Hot Springs)
Page 1 of 2