Location in Vancouver:
Vanier Park Near Burrard Bridge.
St. Roch ship, various displays, reasonable admission price.
The museum could be tricky to find, pay parking in
Vancouver Maritime Museum - Official Site.
Other Trips in Vancouver area:
Canada Line Skytrain
21. The helm of St. Roch.
Helm of St. Roch Vancouver Maritime Museum
22. View of St. Roch from near
the helm cabin.
St. Roch Ship Maritime Museum Vancouver BC Canada
23. And now its time to check
out the living quarters of the crew. Here's where the rank-and-file
spent their long months at sea - Plexiglas barrier in place.
St. Roch Arctic Ship Living Quarters
24. An officer's cabin - Plexiglas barrier in place.
Officer's Quarters on St. Roch Vancouver BC Canada Maritime Museum
25. Dining room.
St. Roch's Dining Room Vancouver Maritime Museum
26. Kitchen (galley) - Plexiglas barrier in place.
Galley (Kitchen) on St. Roch - Vancouver BC Maritime Museum
27. Let's check out the rest of the museum.
Vancouver Maritime Museum
28. This calm man decorated the nose of a ship.
Maritime Museum Vancouver BC Canada
29. There are several ship models on display.
Ship Model Photo Vancouver Maritime Museum
30. In the temporary gallery, there was a photo
exhibit celebrating 100th anniversary of Vancouver
Police Marine Unit.
Vancouver Police Marine Unit
31. Go down this long hallway
Maritime Museum Vancouver Province of British Columbia Canada
32. ...reach Children's Maritime
Vancouver Maritime Museum - BC Canada
33. There's plenty to explore.
Vancouver Maritime Museum Children Discovery Centre
34. This large cabinet contains several drawers filled
with various items.
35. Kids can imagine being a captain and guiding a
ship into a harbour. The recorded radio transmissions are provided to
keep things real.
36. A photo on the wall shows two young seafaring
girls in the company of the captain, their father.
37. Budding divers can have their own photo taken
after sticking their head into this helmet.
38. A looking glass provides an opportunity to closely
examine the ships in the harbour.
39. Before or after your visit, you can go to the left
(South) side of the Museum building and check out this very neat mural.
Vancouver Maritime Museum Mural
Maritime Museum is definitely a good place to visit
for kids and adults alike.
-> 102 Vancouver Maritime Museum
Page 2 of 2