Location in Vancouver:
Vanier Park Near Burrard Bridge.
St. Roch ship, various displays, reasonable admission price.
The museum could be tricky to find, pay parking in
Vancouver Maritime Museum - Official Site.
Other Trips in Vancouver Area:
Admiralty Trail (Pacific Spirit Regional Park),
Canada Line Skytrain
21. The helm of St. Roch.
Helm of St. Roch Maritime Museum Vancouver British Columbia
22. View of St. Roch from near
the helm cabin.
St. Roch Ship Maritime Museum Vancouver BC Canada
23. And now its time to check
out the living quarters of the crew. Here's where the rank-and-file
spent their long months at sea - Plexiglas barrier in place.
St. Roch Arctic Ship Living Quarters - Maritime Museum in Vancouver BC
24. An officer's cabin - Plexiglas barrier in place.
Officer's Quarters on St. Roch Vancouver BC Canada Maritime Museum
25. Dining room.
St. Roch's Dining Room Vancouver British Columbia Maritime Museum
26. Kitchen (galley) - Plexiglas barrier in place.
Galley (Kitchen) on St. Roch - Vancouver BC Maritime Museum
27. Let's check out the rest of the museum.
Vancouver BC Maritime Museum
28. This calm man decorated the nose of a ship.
Maritime Museum Vancouver BC Canada
29. There are several ship models on display.
Ship Model Photo Vancouver Maritime Museum
30. In the temporary gallery, there was a photo
exhibit celebrating 100th anniversary of Vancouver
Police Marine Unit.
Vancouver Police Marine Unit Photo in Vancouver Maritime Museum
31. Go down this long hallway
Maritime Museum Vancouver Province of British Columbia Canada
32. ...reach Children's Maritime
Vancouver Maritime Museum - BC Canada
33. There's plenty to explore.
Vancouver British Columbia Maritime Museum Children Discovery Centre
34. This large cabinet contains several drawers filled
with various items.
Maritime Museum - Vancouver BC Canada
35. Kids can imagine being a captain and guiding a
ship into a harbour. The recorded radio transmissions are provided to
keep things real.
Vancouver British Columbia Maritime Museum
36. A photo on the wall shows two young seafaring
girls in the company of the captain, their father.
Photo of captain and his daughters - Vancouver Maritime Museum BC Canada
37. Budding divers can have their own photo taken
after sticking their head into this helmet.
Diving helmet in Vancouver BC Maritime Museum
38. A looking glass provides an opportunity to closely
examine the ships in the harbour.
Looking glass in Maritime Museum - Vancouver British Columbia
39. Before or after your visit, you can go to the left
(South) side of the Museum building and check out this very neat mural.
Vancouver BC Maritime Museum Mural
Maritime Museum is definitely a good place to visit
for kids and adults alike.
-> 102 Vancouver Maritime Museum
Page 2 of 2