Trailhead Location: Off BC Highway 16, approximately 55
kilometers East of the City of Terrace.
Mountain viewpoint, moss-covered forest floor.
Some moderately steep (though short) stretches. Hiking poles and
boots are recommended.
Northern BC Backroad Mapbook (3rd edition)
Page 34 (Kitwanga) D4.
The latest edition of Backroad Mapbook for this and other regions, as well as GPS maps, are available at
Seven Sisters Provincial Park - BC Parks.
Watson Lake trail is located in Seven Sisters
Provincial Park. It's a short and pleasant trail, leading past two small
lakes to Watson Lake, which is annually stocked.
1. We are Eastbound on BC Highway 16, with Watson Lake
trailhead turnoff seen ahead. Turnoff
coordinates: N 54'52'446 W 128'22'545. Elevation: 183 meters.
BC Highway 16 at Watson Lake trail turnoff
2. The road after the turn. Nice and smooth.
Road to Watson Lake trailhead near Terrace BC Canada
3. Seven hundred meters later, we are at the
Coordinates: N 54'52'113 W 128'22'226. Elevation: 213 meters.
Watson Lake trailhead near Terrace British Columbia Canada
4. There is a map of the trail by the trail start.
Watson Lake trailhead in the vicinity of Terrace BC
5. Here it is.
Watson Lake trail map near Terrace BC Canada
6. The trail begins.
Watson Lake trail by Terrace BC Canada
7. One of the few moderately steep but short stretches
on Watson Lake trail.
Watson Lake trail near Terrace British Columbia
8. The most impressive view arrives within 15 minutes
from the start of the trail.
View from Watson Lake trial in Seven Sisters Provincial Park British
9. Several minutes later, the trail splits, with a
short trail on the right leading to the first small lake and a
Watson Lake trail - first lake
10. View of the first lake.
Lake by Watson Lake trail near Terrace BC Canada
11. We are now continuing towards Watson Lake. The
second lake appeared briefly on the right side, but we kept going. This
forest features a neat moss in many places.
Watson Lake Trail in Seven Sisters Provincial Park near Terrace British
12. It took less than an hour of hiking to get to
Watson Lake by Terrace BC Canada
13. It's hardly spectacular, but has lots of space for
Watson Lake BC Canada
14. We then kept going around the lake.
Watson Lake Trail Seven Sisters Provincial Park
15. Passing by some debris.
16. And here is a good
camping spot, where we ended
Coordinates: N 54'52'859 W 128'21'652. Elevation: 375 meters.
Camping area by Watson Lake in Seven Sisters Provincial Park near
17. View of Watson Lake from the
Watson Lake British Columbia Canada
Watson Lake trail does not offer much past the
mountain viewpoint, unless you plan on
camping, or just
want a relaxing hike.
ihikebc.com -> 119 Watson
Lake Trail Hike (Seven Sisters Provincial Park)