Dutch Creek Hoodoos is an impressive natural landmark, standing right by
the side of BC Highway 93/95, several kilometers South of Fairmont Hot
Springs. Today, we hiked a short trail to the top of the hoodoos, which
also leads to fine views of the mountains and the Columbia River valley.
1. The Hoodoos in their entirety are best seen from BC Highway 93/95 Northbound,
about 1.3 km South of Westside Rd, which leads to the trail to the top of the
hoodoos. There are small pullouts on both sides of the highway.
N 50’18’647 W 115’54’000.
Elevation: 841 meters.
2. A bit closer to the bridge.
The Hoodoos near Fairmont Hot Springs BC Canada
3. A close-up of the hoodoos on the left side.
4. Going further North on Highway 93/95.
5. About 1.3 kilometers from the hoodoos viewpoint, make a left turn onto
Westside Road. Coordinates:
N 50’18’790 W 115’52’960. Elevation: 819 meters.
6. Westside Road after the turn from Highway 93/95.
7. Make a left turn onto the trailhead access road, 1.1 km after turning from BC
8. The trailhead access road is very short.
9. About 200 meters after turning from Westside Road, you are at a large parking
lot for The Hoodoos trail. Coordinates:
N 50’19’357 W 115’53’160. Elevation: 845 meters.
10. The Hoodoos trail begins.
11. The Hoodoos trail is very short, and great views arrive in almost no time.
Slight zoom used.
12. Now with lots of zoom.
13. One more.
14. The Hoodoos trail continues. There is a gentle elevation gain, and no
The Hoodoos Trail near Fairmont Hot Springs British Columbia
15. The Hoodoos trail is located in a conservation area.
16. Information plaque.
17. The upper part of the trail is a loop, and it begins 1.3 km after the start
of The Hoodoos trail.
18-20. Very shortly, fine mountain and valley views appear in full panoramic
glory. Left to right.
Here is our video of the views from this location.